While nuclear, chemical and biological threats make for headline news, they are not among the greatest hazards faced by utility companies. They're focused on incidents that are more highly likely to occur instead - those caused by natural disasters or inclement weather. Consequences vary greatly, as do the criticality of the components at stake. The experts at the Power Grid Resilience event will touch on the threat landscape and offer advice on resolving their potentially crippling effects.
Before a previous iteration of Power Grid Resilience, we sat down with Christopher Peters, Vice President, NERC/Critical Infrastructure Protection Compliance at Entergy to discuss the implication of the CIP-014, which at the time, was already causing marked changes throughout the industry.
CenterPoint Energy can be lauded for many things; chief among them for its Corporate Response Plan. Robert Martinez, the Manager of Risk Control & Business Continuity at CenterPoint, details how their Emergency Operating Procedure allows them to go above and beyond normal capabilities in the event of an issue, how to run the most relevant tests and how their strategy continues to evolve through discussing the findings from drills and tabletops.
WESCO Technical Teams are a key value-add for WESCO customers that include product category and industry specific experts. See how in the real world, our experts find the problem, build a solution, and secure the result.
This in-depth report will guide you through an overview of cybersecurity and operational technology as well as a multitude of statistics revolving around different types of attacks. Also inside, is a case study from Anixter regarding a nuclear power plant operator upgrading their security perimeter.
Dr. Erfan Ibrahim is the Center Director for Cyber-Physical Systems Security & Resilience R&D at the National Renewable Energy Lab.
- The industry best practices for creating a secure architecture for industrial control systems
- Strategies to limit hacker sphere of influence
- How to keep good network hygiene to best utilize new technology and information systems
- Resiliency tools from NREL that enable industry leaders to create a more reliable and secure electric grid
- Why electric grid security and resilience is such a high priority topic in the United States
The Security Oracle Inc.’s Artificial Intelligence Security Appliance is a Game-Changer for Grid Resilience Teaming with Bosch Security Systems, Inc. and Gallagher Security, The Security Oracle Inc. (TSO) promotes defense-in-depth best practices for protecting critical assets and transforms physical security from passive detection to real-time situational awareness and accelerated response to demobilize intruders with non-lethal actuators, i.e. directed high intensity sound, lights, and strobes.
This exclusive eBook gives an insight into the integration of cyber and physical technologies. Specifically, this focuses in on the top business drivers for integration, the top three priorities among utilities executives, the latest developments, ongoing security projects, a physical and cybersecurity strategy outlook and more. We have additionally included recommendations from established industry experts with solutions for implementing both cyber and physical security strategies. Download this eBook to learn the latest strategies for power grid security convergence.
In this interview with Mary Doswell, the former Senior Vice President of Dominion Resources Inc., discusses:
- The benefits and costs of convergence
- The cyber vulnerabilities most present within power grids
- How remote capabilities can be improved
- How to strengthen cybersecurity programs
- What the future of power grids will look like, especially with the inclusion of renewables
In this interview with Michael Gonzalez, the Sr. Physical Security IT Systems Administrator for Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., discusses:
- How to improve end point protection and unmanned stations
- Up-and-coming technologies
- The largest challenges in preparing power grids against natural disasters
- The new physical and cyber threats in 2018